OsmAnd+ (OSM Automated Navigation Directions) is a map- and navigation app that gives you access to high-quality OpenStreetMap data (OSM) worldwide.
You can use voice and optical navigation to view POIs (points-of-interest) create and manage GPX tracks using contour lines visualization, altitude information, and more.
OsmAnd++ is the paid version. You support the project and fund new features, and in return, you receive the most recent updates.
Download Also: OsmAnd+
Here are some of the OsmAnd+ key features
* Voice guidance for turning-by-turn (recorded voices and synthesized voices).
* Additional lane guidance and street name display available. Estimated arrival time
* Supports intermediate points in your itinerary
* Automatic re-routing if you divert from the route
* You can search for places by name, type (e.g., restaurant, hotel, or gas station), or geographical coordinates
* OSM Public Transport
* Display your orientation and position
* You can optionally align the image according to your direction of motion or the compass.
* Save your most important places to your Favorites
* Display specialized online tiles, satellite views (from Bing), other overlays such as touring/navigation GPX tracks, and additional layers with customizable transparency
* Place names can be displayed in English, phonetic, or local spellings.
Wikipedia Data and OSM are both available
* The best collaboration projects in the world provide high-quality information
* OSM data per country or region
* Wikipedia POIs are great for sightseeing
* Unlimited downloads right from the app
* Updated at least once per month with compact offline vector maps
* Select between complete region data or just the road network. (Example: All Japan is 700 MB, 200 MB for only the road network)
* Automated day/night switch
* Optional speed limit display with a reminder, if exceeded
* Optional speed-dependent zooming
* Please share your location with your friends so they can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
* Great for outdoor activities: Walking, biking, and hiking on foot.
* Special route and display modes for pedestrian and bike
* Additional public transportation stops (buses, trams, trains) with line names
* Optional trip recording to local GPX files or online service
* Optional speed/altitude display
* Additional plugin allows for the display of contour lines and hill shading
Directly contribute to OSM
* Report data bugs
* Upload GPX tracks directly to OSM from the app
* Add POIs to OSM and upload them directly (or later, offline).
* Optional trip recording is also available in background mode (while the device is in sleep mode).
Osmand is an open-source project and is actively being developed. Anyone can contribute to Osmand by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. These developers and users interact to keep the project in an active state of improvement. Financial contributions are also needed to finance the development and testing of new functionalities.
Map coverage and quality estimates:
* **** Western Europe
* Eastern Europe ***
* Russia: ***
* North America:
* South America
* Asia: **
* Japan & Korea:
* Middle East:
* Africa: **
* Antarctica: *
Downloads are available in most countries around the world.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, and from Australia to the USA.
Important! Important! This resolution allows OsmAnd turn the screen on before it turns during navigation.