|Mar 13, 2023
|Get it On
AetherSX2 is a emulator of the PS Two console for the Android platform. You can play games which you have dumped from disc on your portable device.
A BIOS image **is required** to play games and is not optional. This image should be dumped from your own console, using a homebrew application. We recommend biosdrain.
You need a high end device to achieve good performance. We recommend at least a Snapdragon 845-equivalent device. This means 4 large cores (Cortex-A75 level, 500 or more single core Geekbench 5).
– System simulation
– OpenGL, Vulkan and Software rendering
– Upscaling of games to 1080p and beyond
– Widescreen patches for games without native support
– Save states
– Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
– Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disc images
– Per game settings
AetherSX2 should only be used to play games you own and have dumped from disc yourself. To dump your games, you can use a tool such as ImgBurn to create a .iso for the disc, and then copy across it to your device over USB.
The AetherSX2 app is free, and is provided under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives International License (BY-NC-ND 4.0, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
AetherSX2 uses third-party code. You can view the licenses for this code by selecting “Third-Party Notices” in the navigation menu (swipe out from the left).
This app is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.
You are now ready to download AetherSX2 for free. Here are some notes:
- Please check our installation guide.
- To check the CPU and GPU of an Android device, please use CPU-Z app